Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cutting Table


When I moved into my new studio and moved all my sewing paraphernalia into one place, I knew I needed some kind of cutting surface. In the past, my cutting has been done either at the kitchen table or counter and now I wanted it in the same room. I checked into lots of different kinds of cutting tables. My priorities were that it didn't take up a lot of space and possibly could even fold away. Some nice options would be that it had some usable shelves. Most important though, was that it didn't cost very much since I didn't have the money to spend. One day while wandering the aisles of Fred Meyer I literally almost tripped over a kitchen cart that someone had left in the aisle. The height was right, it could fold flat, and best of all it was on sale and I happened to have a coupon for an additional 10% off! Wow! Can't beat deals like that. So for $60.00 I brought home the kitchen cart. I love it. My mat doesn't fit perfectly, but my husband said he could someday make an extension for the top. Right now though, it's very usable the way it is and I love how it wheels around. I think it was a great find!

No comments: