Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Repeat of the Unexpected

I have to smile when I think of how yesterday went. It was day two of my week off. My plans were to spend time in a couple fabric stores, have lunch out and then spend the afternoon working on the silk quilt for my daughter and son-in-law. My start for the stores was later than I expected so I thought, "I'll just do the Mill End Store". I hadn't been there in months and I love the fabric selection there. I wandered up and down the aisles for more than an hour, feeling all the fabric. Fabric must be felt not just looked at. I found 4 pieces that I thought were a perfect addition to the silk quilt. After purchasing them I decided I better get home and have a quick lunch (no going out) and get to sewing. On arriving home, I checked my receipt because it seemed like the tab was a lot higher than I expected. I had been charged twice for a piece of fabric and had overpaid by $18.00. If it had been less than $5.00 I would have written it off as just an unfortunate, unexpected incident, but $18.00. I decided I better go back. Now it's about a 20 minute drive to Mill End from my home so it looked like it would be about a one hour round trip. At least I had company this time. My daughter decided to go with me, so again we wandered the aisles and she felt inspired to sew something. The money was reimbursed and I was home by about 3:00. I did get the quilt cut out, but no sewing has yet to be done. Oh well, there's tomorrow, but who knows the unexpecteds of tomorrow!

No comments: