Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Applique Work







I have the whole day to myself. My family went on a hike up the Eagle Creek trail. I like to hike, but not 15 miles and not on this trail. It has to many dangerous spots. Besides I was looking forward to a day to do things that I wanted to do and not meet so many family demands. So I have gone to Beaverton Farmers Market and browsed through all their vegies, fruit and flowers. Very enjoyable. Callie went with me and first we stopped at Dutch Bros for a beverage that would make our trip that much more enjoyable. We also enjoyed some fabulous pastries from one of the booths. After I got home, I worked on a customer quilt, read, went grocery shopping, ate junk food for lunch (no one to tell me it wasn't healthy), spent time online and best of all -- worked on Leah's Spring quilt. I'm to the point of needing to get the applique on the center block. So I found a sweet pea flower online and drew the design on paper. Then I worked on a few different quilting designs and laying out the applique ideas on paper. I decided to use circles on this quilt (at least in the center) so I drew the design into a circular arrangement and then traced it onto the quilt. My husband made me a light box several years ago as a Christmas present and even though it doesn't get a lot of use, when I do need it, I'm so glad to have it. It makes tracing so much easier. Now I'm ready to cut the appliques, pin or glue them on, get the embroidery going and get this quilt finished. My goal is to have this quilt done by the start of school. Hmm, that may be difficult but if I have anymore days like today I'll accomplish that goal.

No comments: