Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Jumpstart Needed

I need a jumpstart for my quilting. I think the events of the last few weeks have taken the wind out of my sails. Losing my precious granddaughter, summer break with all the craziness of the kids being home and now my husband being gone for 9 days. I walk in my studio and I don't know where to begin. I have two quilts I'm currently working on. They lay out on my sewing table and ironing board ready to go. I have a customer quilt on my longarm that is about 3/4's complete. Instead I've been wandering around the house (which is a mess), reading this and that, on the computer way too much and watching some BBC movies. I really need to buckle down and get to quilting. So what did I do this afternoon? I started to paint my bedroom. Well, maybe a new look in there will inspire a new look at my quilting projects and by the end of the week I can see some progress on both fronts. Or maybe what I really need is some time of wandering around the house and putting my mind in neutral with an occasional movie. Hopefully the jumpstart will happen soon!

No comments: