Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The End Is In Sight!







It's only 10:30 in the morning and after about 4 hours of work today (yes I've been up since 5:30 a.m.) the end is in sight. I have the borders to finish, and the inside circle around the appliques in the center. I haven't decided what to do there. I will try using the same double line as in the border -- first with air erase pen and then see how it looks. There is already over 18 hours of quilting in this quilt. I suppose it took over 40 hours to piece the quilt and do the hand applique so this will end up being a 60+ hour project. That has to be the record for me. I have really enjoyed it. Because this quilt is dedicated to Leah Grace, my granddaughter, whose life was only 99 days in length, I have thought a lot about her while doing the quilting. Reflecting on what a gift from God each day was is both comforting and inspirational. I don't think I would have undertaken the difficult task and long hours of this quilt except for wanting something very special to represent her life.



If you want to see the quilt, it will be hanging at the NW Quilt Expo held the last weekend of September at the Expo center (Portland Oregon). After that it will hang in my studio. I have been contemplating having an open house sometime in October so if that happens it will be another opportunity to see Leah's Spring. Well, back to quilting!

No comments: