Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Marathon Quilting


How many quilts can a quilter quilt in one day? That's almost a tongue twister and it certainly was a challenge. On Sunday I had 7 quilts still to do before a Christmas break from quilting. I decided Sunday night to try and do them all on Monday! Now granted none of them were big and in fact two were just table runners. The time it takes to pin on is always a sizeable chunk of time so trying to do 7 seemed almost impossible. But I was up for a challenge. I pinned the first quilt on Sunday evening (that probably is a little cheating)! I was up at 6:00 a.m. and in my studio by 6:30. By noon I was on my 4th quilt. I took an hour break for lunch and then a 2 hour break around dinner time. My last stitch was put in about 9:30 p.m. 7 quilts, one day, sore hands and back, but feeling great with this accomplishment.

No comments: