Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Quilt Designs




I received a quilt this month that is to hang in a hospital in the area. It's not very big but because of the attention and potential to be viewed by so many people, I wanted to put some extra work into quilting it. So this small quilt took about 6 hours to quilt! Way to much work to make much profit on it. I'm very happy though, with the results. I tried some new ideas with a focus on circles. Designing a quilt for a couple quilt shows this year is my motivation for trying new quilting ideas. Hopefully some if these ideas will appear on a quilt, that as of now, only exists in my head. I have not been into designing quilts very much. Probably this is because I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to quilting. I can appreciate all the quilt art that is out there but I still prefer traditional blocks and traditional quilting.

No comments: