Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Whole Cloth Quilt


I have been toying with the idea for several years now of making a wholecloth quilt. Tonight I spent a bit of time looking at photos on the internet and in my own stash of books and pictures from quilt shows. I have two different wholecloth tops in my studio that are just begging to be done. One is a golden beige fabric and the other a plain off-white. I have thought about just loading one of them on my machine and simply designing as I go. It might be really interesting and definitely a challenge I would enjoy. But would it turn out? I wish I had several weeks to put all these design ideas I have in my head down on cloth. I'm still thinking -- just don't know where it will take me! (The photo is of some design play done while my sister was here last year)

1 comment:

The Quilted Finish said...

Your quilting is beautiful. I bought a longarm about 18 months ago and have just begun advertising for business. I am wondering about the template/ruler down the end of your quilt( the fluoro pink one), where did you get it? I have been looking for something similar or some 1/4 inch thick french curves (great design tools). My email is rowena.muller@gmail.com. I live in Australia. Thanks.