Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Place




My whole cloth quilt won 1st place!!!! I am so excited. I screamed when I got off the phone with the quilt show coordinator. I've put quilts in that show for about 5 years now and never won anything. This was an amazing quilt and I'm so happy it won something. It makes me want to do another -- well maybe not until next year :) I don't think I have an extra 40 or so hours to devote to doing another right now. I guess it will be in the local newspaper tomorrow and the awards ceremony is next week -- on the day that my sister will be here. I'll post a picture of it at the show. For now I'm just so happy!
(the show is the NW Quilt Expo here in Portland Oregon)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Laurie!!! I'm so excited for you and cannot wait to see your quilt at the show next week. It looks absolutely gorgeous online! What a special blessing that the award will be given when your sister is here to share it with you.