Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Off


One of my goals for the new year is to take more time off. Having a home business can be hard in that the work always seems to be calling to you. There's advantages; you can work any hours you want, you can combine work and other things at home and best of all -- there's no commute! But I also get stuck in the routine of thinking I should work most days. I've never wanted this business to become full-time. It's purpose was to help out the family financially and to do something I love -- quilt. It's been over 10 years since I started. A lot has changed. There are so many machine quilters in the area now. My studio space has more than doubled with a few of my children moving out and moving into their space. I feel much more comfortable in what I do and I think I'm pretty good at it. So life is good. But today was a day off. And a very enjoyable one. I visited with several friends, went to lunch with my husband, spent a couple hours in a quilt shop and best of all -- it was sunny outside. I purchased fabric at the quilt shop to go with some fabric I currently have that needed some companion prints to make an apron out of. The photo shows the fabrics I bought. The plaid fabric on the left is the one that I have a whole bolt of. And I mean a lot of fabric -- it started out with 40 yards of fabric on that bolt. I may never use it up. I think it will make a cute apron though. I'll post pictures when it's done. Now off to sewing and enjoying the rest of my day off!

No comments: