Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Amazing Applique Quilt





Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt is done.  It is such an amazing quilt.  It took many hours to quilt it but it was worth all the effort.  One of the challenges was making the quilting behind the appliques look like the other blocks.  That required lots of stops and starts.  That wouldn't have been so bad, but my machine has a part going out on it making it not want to stop.  I figured I've spent several hours these last few days trying to adjust the machine.  Finally today I called the Gammill Dealer in the area to find out how much it would cost to replace some parts.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be so the end of June my machine will go in for an overhaul.  It's pretty amazing how well these machines run.  My longarm is almost 12 years old and I've replaced a few parts, done my own maintenance and it still runs really well.  So enjoy the views of this quilt -- it will rank up there as one of the most beautiful quilts I've done.  (By the way, everyone of these little pieces was handsewn!!)

5 comments:

Desley said...

Beautiful quilt, and gorgeous quilting. Thank you for sharing.

Tiffany S. said...

Wow! This is a STUNNING quilt! Do you have a pattern available that I could purchase? I would love to make a quilt like this!

Unknown said...

Your work is stunningly beautiful.
I'm a longarm quilter too. But have less skill than you.
But an enjoyable hobby.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. Those are the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. I don't think I would ever have the patience to do something like that.

Lynn Y said...

A friend shared your quilt recently, outstanding! The applique flowers are unique and lovely, a great addition to this classic design. And I love the way you quilted the piecing design, gives a lovely texture to the quilt. A masterpiece!